Wednesday, 13 September 2017

Ten Roald Dahl Quotes on Roald Dahl Day


Many of you know how much I enjoy the marvellous writing of Roald Dahl, so with today being Roald Dahl day, I thought I'd share with you ten of my favourite quotes taken from Dahl's children's fiction novels.


'So Matilda's strong young mind continued to grow, nurtured by the voices of all those authors who had sent their books out into the world like ships on the sea. These books gave Matilda a hopeful and comforting message: You are not alone.' - MATILDA


'There are a whole lot of things in this world of ours you haven't started wondering about yet.' - JAMES AND THE GIANT PEACH


'Most of the really exciting things we do in our lives scare us to death. They wouldn't be exciting if they didn't.' - DANNY, THE CHAMPION OF THE WORLD


'A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.' - THE TWITS


'It doesn't matter who you are or what you look like, so long as somebody loves you.' - THE WITCHES


'A little magic can take you a long way.' - JAMES AND THE GIANT PEACH


'Grown ups are complicated creatures, full of quirks and secrets.' - DANNY, THE CHAMPION OF THE WORLD


'A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men.' - CHARLIE AND THE GREAT GLASS ELEVATOR


'Somewhere inside all of us is the power to change the world.' - MATILDA


'So please, of please, we beg, we pray,
Go throw your TV set away,
And in its place you can install
A lovely bookshelf on the wall...' - CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY


You can learn more about Roald Dahl day here.
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. These are wonderful! I keep meaning to finally read Dahl, but haven't done so yet. I have Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Matilda on my shelves -- which would you start with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn’t know it was Roald Dahl day! I’m slowly making my way through all of his books. Matilda is my favorite.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A favourite of mine, and most bookworms I'm sure, too!

      Delete
  3. I'm finally reading Roald Dahl. My son and I are reading The Witches right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo... A good 'un! I hope you're enjoying :-)

      Delete
  4. Somehow I just recently got around to reading Dahl though I grew up with the Gene Wilder version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. So far I've only read two (Charlie and Matilda) and I loved them both. Thanks for reminding me about all the other fantastic books he wrote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dahl has so many wonderful children's books, and his adult fiction is well worth checking out also!

      Delete

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig