Thursday, 31 August 2017

WHAT I READ | August


To be honest, I wasn't actually going to write one of these reading wrap up posts for the month of August, however I haven't missed a month so far and I do enjoy looking back on them.

I wasn't going to recap as I read only two titles in August - Are You Sleeping by Kathleen Barber and Cogheart by Peter Bunzl. I would say the 'only' in the previous sentence implies that I'm unhappy with my reading for the month, and yes, whilst I would have liked to have read a little more, I'm happy with what was read and fitting in the amount of reading I did.

Here on my book blog I don't often share much about life beyond the books... I am a little today though. August has been such a big month for our little family of three - not only did Nathan & I get married in a super simple ceremony, but we also become homeowners for the very first time. The house we have purchased requires some work doing before we make the official move, and so we've been juggling a lot of that stuff. To and froing from one house to another, working on the bits that we're able to, meeting with contractors & tradesmen to set up professional work, being present when said work takes place, all whilst entertaining a three year old and trying to maintain another household. Don't get me wrong, I'm incredibly grateful for being able to buy our own home (getting on the property ladder is getting harder and harder here in the UK), but I do feel like I'm juggling a lot at the moment... And it is only set to get crazier as deadlines draw closer and also when Alexander returns to preschool (he does half days) in a week or so.

For the most part, I'm tired by the end of the day and reading isn't on my mind - you'll find me slumped in front of YouTube or a movie etc.

So I am actually happy with having read two titles... And any reading is worth acknowledging, regardless of numbers.

Happy reading in September!
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!! That's all wonderful news. I say 2 books was a LOT with all that going on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 books is great, and you do sound busy! Congrats to you on homeownership and hope all goes well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting married and buying a house! If I’d been that busy, I wouldn’t have had time to read, either. Happy September!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, AJ - a wonderful September to you!

      Delete
  4. Oh Man - congrats on the new house and I hear you on the moving! We're going through the same thing. Have already moved, but will not be fully "moved in" for awhile. We've got a 4 and 6 year old...moving with little kids is a whole new ballgame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Moving with little kids is definitely interesting. Haha! I hope the rest of moving in goes well for you!

      Delete
  5. Jade, congratulations!!! How very exciting - getting married AND buying a house. I'm so happy for you! I completely understand the time and work that comes with buying a fixer upper. We just spent weeks fixing up the house we've been renting for 7 years because we're in the process of buying it (and hopefully closing on it next week). Because of this, I haven't had that much time to read lately, so I know how it goes! I hope you can find some time to read in September.
    Congrats, again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brandie!!

      Many congratulations to you also re: house buying! Wishing you a wonderful September!

      Delete
  6. Wow double congrats!! :) That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on such exciting (if occasionally crazy) news!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig